Sunday, September 14, 2014

Do You Catch Yourself Doing This??

I know that we are all guilty of it, how many times a day do you get on the internet to check instagram, facebook, twitter, pinterest, blogs, and etc. Should we really be wasting that much time checking to see what is happening in others lives when we need to be more concentrated on our own. I know I am guilty of looking at other women and comparing myself to them asking myself, how come they can have a family, a clean house, a nice yard and car, be able to do playdates, make crafts, have a blog, have time to workout, and anything else they want and I can't even seem to make it through a day getting anything done. I always seem to compare myself to everyone and everything I see on the internet. I was watching Studio 5, they were talking about social media and they mentioned something I have heard before but needed to be reminded of, it was "we say things online that we would not say to a persons face." I know this is so true and not so much being mean, but we seem to only post perfect happy things on our social media sites. We don't post when our kids are being naughty, when they have spilled the bag of cereal all over the floor, threw their sippy cup in the car and milk goes all over, or when we have a back yard full of weeds. I need to not be so worried about what others are doing in life and how they are doing great things, I need to be happy with the life I am living and live it to the fullest. Like this quote says "there will always be someone prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, someone will always be richer, but they will never ever BE YOU!" I was on instagram and a girl posted this quote "no matter the happiness you find for yourself, somebody, somewhere will always be envious of your blessings instead of learning to count their own. I loved it, screenshoted (if that is a word) so I could always remember that. It doesn't matter what we seem to accomplish in our lives there is always some negative nancy that makes you come down from your high of happiness and gratitude. This goes along with comparing yourself to others as well, be happy for those who seem to have it all together, look to them as examples instead of being envious of the things they have. Try to be more like them, think of your Heavenly Father and pattern your life after his gospel and everything in life will turn out how it is supposed to. Lean towards your family and spend more time with your family and you will find yourself living a happier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment